Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Quick update - motherboard ordered

Last night I did some research on motherboards and found what I think will be a mighty fine platform to build this system on. I decided on the Gigabyte X58A-UD3R after reading a ton of reviews. This board has SATA 3 and USB 3 which will provide some future proofing. I'm most excited about SATA 3 as it will allow me to use an even faster SSD in the future for quick boot times and table loads. I am going over budget in the motherboard and CPU department, but under budget in some other areas so hopefully it's a wash in the end. The only thing left for the computer that I need to pick up before I can start installing and testing is the i7 930 that I'll be picking up from Micro Center on the 22nd when I'm down in Anaheim. I'm also in contact with a guy on Craigslist about a widebody non functioning pinball machine, and if that doesn't work out then the auction on the 22nd might have what I need.

No comments: